Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Glimpse of Hope

The outpouring of prayer and support for Aubrey is overwhelming - and needed.  Every single prayer is appreciated, and we believe that God is using it to weave the fabric of healing that Aubrey needs.

Here's another update from Andy.
____________________

Thanks again for all the prayer and support you're giving Aubrey and our family as we continue to keep watch over her and believe for God's best.

The day began with good news: Aubrey had a good night (think "boring is good").  The doctors eliminated one of her four seizure medications today, and she had no seizure activity throughout the day.  That's good.

We bought her some headphones and she's listening to her favorite music - "Orchestra!!!" - as she calls it.  I hope she's enjoying it.

Princess Aubrey
We were also blessed that the 15-year-old daughter of Aubrey's neurologist used her own money to buy Aubrey a princess crown and a stuffed animal (you can see them in the picture to your right).  I know, it's both touching and heart-wrenching at the same time.  You can imagine how we're feeling as her mom and dad.

Aubrey still has an enormous amount of spinal fluid that's draining out of her skull.  That means that swelling might still be an issue, but neurosurgery wants to begin trying to wean her off the drain tomorrow to see if it causes pressure in her head.  Hopefully, it won't.

As the doctors eliminate her sedating medications, it will start to wake her up a bit.  In fact, we saw some movement from her during the day.  She even grasped our hands.  I know that's probably a reflex, but it was just good to see her move.

This evening, Aubrey's arms and hands began moving, and her brain waves began to jump on the EEG monitor.  My heart started racing, because I was terrified that she was having a seizure (this could cause brain damage).  But when the neurologist came and reviewed the EEG, he said it didn't appear to be a seizure.  He couldn't be certain though.  So either Aubrey was showing signs of waking up, or she was possibly having a seizure.  We don't know.
___________________   

Here's how you can pray for Aubrey:
  1. Pray for a continued absence of seizures.
  2. Pray that the excess fluid will stop building up in her skull so we can take the drain out.
Aubrey and Lilly
Please also pray for Lilly, Aubrey's older sister.  She's starting to show signs of stress.  We're going to try to develop a more normal routine to help her relax, but it makes me hurt to see her carrying the burden of Aubrey's illness.

Thank you for believing for Aubrey and for praying for our family.  You are carrying us in faith.  We need you, and we are grateful for you.

Andy

We will be periodically updating these blog posts.  If you are interested in receiving updates when there is a new posting, please enter your email address in the box on the upper right side of the screen, and click on the confirmation that is sent to your email inbox.

12 comments:

  1. Andy, this older, raw recording of a now-famous song was written and performed by a guy going through a painful, confusing time. I hope the song ministers to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0luHiWwi08

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for Aubrey right now. Ashleigh and Andy, I am praying for God's presence and his peace that passes all understanding. I'm praying for Lilly, James and for your extended family too.

    with love in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 5 of you are in our prayers and will continue to be. I wish I had the right words for you, I know "I'm Sorry" isn't enough! Stormy the gates of Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying hard for y'all and your sweet little girl. Continue to have this amazing faith that I can sense in your posts. Please know that although I only see these updates through a mutual friend, I am daily praying that our Almightly Healer continues to work on Aubrey. Much love

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been following you on facebook. My daughter is Aubrey's age, and she and I have been praying for Aubrey, Lilly, and you!! I know many other people who are lifting you up to The Lord as well!

    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A precious teenager healed of bone cancer sang this at my church this morning, and your family was on my heart.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIEJ_PmqJ8&feature=related
    Also, the Lord brought these scriptures to me while praying for your Aubrey.
    James 5:14-15
    Mark 5:21-43 (5:36=wow!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's good to see these signs of hope, continue havin faith in the Lord and Princess Aubrey will be touched by the healing hands of God. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As we stand in the gap for Aubrey's full recovery may we remember that our God is the same God that healed the sick, raised the dead and parted the seas. There is no other God that can claim these amazing miracles. . .and so . . .

    Find rest oh my soul in God alone, my hope comes from Him, he ALONE is my hope and my salvation, He is my fortress, I shall not be shaken. Psalm 62:5-7

    We must believe and receive His promises and power for restoration for Aubrey. God bless your family during these trying times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the most interesting divine appointment Saturday when I was by myself in the middle of Atlanta, GA in the CNN Center eating lunch. A man came to my table, asked if he could sit down, and I said sure. He bowed his head and prayed for his lunch.

    I felt so strongly that the Lord wanted me to ask him to pray for Aubrey. I said to him something like I see you are a praying man. He said yes...and I asked him if he believed in the power of prayer. He said yes...and I asked him to pray for Aubrey! I told him what was wrong with her, and that she needed the Lord's healing power. He said he would pray for her!

    So, God is working all over the world with complete strangers praying for the health and healing of this precious little girl! How bizarre that I should be in Atlanta from CT and that man sit at my lunch table! Our God is an AWESOME GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am praying for your precious Aubrey and your entire family. I know that what you are facing seems monumental but our God is the God of the impossible.....if we do the possible-trust Him....His Word says He will do abundantly more than we can ask of Him or imagine that He can do. I am believing that Aubrey will be dancing and playing with Lilly and James before any one anticipates it is possible. I have asked Aaron and his family and friends in Madagascar to pray for Aubrey. Linda Santmyire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well this whole thing just absolutely stinks - I can't imagine what you're going through. We join with you in hoping that Aubrey's movements are a good sign. We continue to pray for her complete healing, wisdom for the doctors, comfort for Lily and that each of you would be aware of God's presence in the midst of this terrible and faith-testing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94.18-19

    ReplyDelete

How to comment: After you type your comment, click "post comment," and it's going to ask you to select a profile. Don't freak out. Just choose "Name/URL," put in your name, and click "continue" (no URL needed). Then post it. ***If you don't see your comment immediately, you didn't post it.***