Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An Encouragement from Andy

Andy sent this email to me yesterday, describing where his faith is.  I found it pretty inspiring.  He said,
I've been reading through Luke and, like the friends of the paralytic, I have continued to tear off the roof tiles to lower Aubrey's mat.  I'm shouting from the side of the road, like the blind man, for Jesus' attention.  I'm wrestling through the crowd to get Aubrey's hand to touch Jesus' robe.  I'm sending my emissaries to plead with Jesus like the Roman officer.  And I'm begging for mercy like Jairus did on behalf of his only daughter.
Amen, Andy!  We are joining you in a chorus of prayer.

We will have an update on Aubrey's medical condition later in the day.  Until then, when you think about her, raise your voice from the side of the road and, with Andy, let's shout to Jesus, believing He will have mercy on Aubrey.

We will be periodically updating these blog posts.  If you are interested in receiving updates when there is a new posting, please enter your email address in the box on the upper right side of the screen, and click on the confirmation that is sent to your email inbox.

3 comments:

  1. I pray that God will put his mighty hand upon her frail body and heal her!! I also pray for that the Lord would provide for you constant strength to get through all of this. I can't imagine what you are going through.
    Aubrey is a beautiful and strong little girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." -Psalm 31:14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying every day here in Boston for Aubrey and your family.

    ReplyDelete

How to comment: After you type your comment, click "post comment," and it's going to ask you to select a profile. Don't freak out. Just choose "Name/URL," put in your name, and click "continue" (no URL needed). Then post it. ***If you don't see your comment immediately, you didn't post it.***