Friday, September 24, 2010

Meet Aubrey Gallo

Aubrey Gallo
Aubrey Gallo is a vivacious two-year-old who loves to dance.  Each Sunday at church, during the songs of praise, she raises her hands above her head and spins around, dancing in circles, not worried what anyone is thinking.  As recent as last week, Aubrey was playing with her older sister, running through the house squealing, and staying up as late as possible.

But last weekend, Aubrey got a headache and eventually started vomiting and having convulsive seizures.  Since then, she has been in the Pediatric ICU fighting a brain infection.  She is now laying in a hospital bed with several machines attached to her body and a respirator in her mouth.  Her lips are chapped, her body is limp, and she is in a semi-comatose state.
___________________

She has been diagnosed with encephalitis, an infection of the brain that can, among other things, cause convulsive seizures.  These seizures cause the brain to swell, and when the brain swells, it is pushed up against the skull.  That pressure can cause damage to the brain.

At this point, Aubrey's parents, Ashleigh and Andy, do not know whether there has been any damage to Aubrey's brain.  They can't know the extent of it until she wakes up.  But they can't wake Aubrey because, if awake, she is certain to have seizures right now.  And those seizures will possibly cause serious injury to Aubrey's brain.  She's in a frustrating holding pattern.
___________________  

Without Jesus, we would only have hope in Aubrey's doctors.  We're thankful for those doctors, but our hope is in Christ.  We know He listens to our prayers and that He uses our faith as medicine when He heals other people (Mark 2:5).  So, as a community of Christians, we are coming together to believe for Aubrey's total recovery.

Aubrey in the PICU
We are asking you to join us in praying for her.  You can start by praying for three things:
  1. All seizure activity will cease.
  2. Aubrey's body will be free from any further infection.
  3. Aubrey will wake up, recognize her mom and dad, and reach out for them, free from brain injury.
The scripture the Lord has put on my heart for Aubrey is one in which Jesus comes to the aid of another little girl in a desperate situation.

"Jesus took the little girl's hand and called out to her, 'Wake up, My child!' (Luke 8:54).  And so we say, "Wake up, Aubrey!"  We are believing for you in faith, knowing that Jesus is here to heal you. 

We will be periodically updating these blog posts.  If you are interested in receiving updates when there is a new posting, please enter your email address in the box on the upper right side of the screen, and click on the confirmation that is sent to your email inbox.

23 comments:

  1. I thought I got up early this Saturday morning to clean house but God had other plans. I saw this blog because Hilary VW posted it on FB. Now I know I'm up to pray for Aubrey and her Mom and Dad. I'm praying that you will feel the love of Christ and that Aubrey will have a testimony of a miraculous healing. Love in Christ, Pam Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter-in-law, who lives in DC, posted this on FB. I'm praying in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you in the darkest hours of the morning in Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe God keeps his word and when two or three gather and agree he is with us and will give is the desires of our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray for your daughter. This must be so hard on you. I will pray for you also. I pray that you will feel HIS presence and HIS comfort and peace.

    (I am friends with Emily's sister.)
    Kerry Lemmer

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are believing, from Marietta, GA, that precious Aubrey will be completely healed, in Jesus' mighty name and that her testimony will be one of God's strength, healing and power when she rises from the bed, healed and whole. We are also praying for you all and for her siblings as you walk through this difficult journey. God is faithful and will carry you through. Thank you, Jesus, that you are the Great Physician and care for all of our needs and that you know all things and know our needs even before we ask. Please touch little Aubrey now, as I type, and heal her body from all sickness and disease, in Jesus' name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy and Harvey WillisSeptember 25, 2010 at 7:52 PM

    Ashleigh and Andrew,
    We are praying....and we won't stop. Both of you and your children are loved. I know this is a scarey time and I can understand why. I do know that Jesus is the doctor of miracles and that is what we will pray for.
    Love and Prayers,
    Kathy and Harvey Willis

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend posted on her facbook page about Aubrey. Aubrey as well of all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will add you all to my nightly prayer list and ask that all my family and friends do the same. I've been a witness to the power of prayer in the past. I pray that God delivers once again to all of you. God Bless You all.

    Love, Hugs and Prayers
    Kathleen - Streetsboro, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm praying that you will feel our Almighty Father's peace and strength as you watch precious Aubrey recover. He loves her even more than we are capable of, and knows the desires of your heart. God bless you and keep you all in His tender loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Half way through reading this, I was already in tears for your family. I am praying every day. My 3 year old and I already said a prayer (along with his Monkey too).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth your family is in my prayers. I am so sorry you are going throught this and will pray for Aubrey's full recovery. Dan and I both had this illness when we were in England many years ago, God pulled us through and I pray he will do the same for Aubrey, with no complications. We all love you out here in Oklahoma and will be thinking of you. All my best, Cousin Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking positive thoughts and praying for dear little Aubrey. May God heal you, my his grace shine upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to everyone who comments and prays. All of the comments are truly an encouragement throughout the day, and we know the Lord is hearing our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. God has a purpose for Aubrey even if she continues to have seizures and/or brain damage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. May God bless you and comfort you, as you await Aubrey's return to your midst.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andy and Ashleigh,

    Andy it's Buser, well Kouch now! Wanda Raley told me about Aubrey last night and told me to check out your mom's facebook page to find out more! My heart goes out to you all. Aubrey is in our prayers and will continue to be until she is home with you all with a perfect bill of health! God is able, nothing is impossible for Him. He healed my nephew and I know He'll heal Aubrey. Please let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My Niece sent this to me.....Praying for you all from California. I am so Thakful Jesus is with this little one every moment. I know in my heart Jesus hears all our prayer, knows what is in our heart.

    All my love.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am praying for all of you and hope that this scripture keeps you all strong:
    Hebrews 11:1-2
    The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying for you and your family, daily and faithfully.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I pray that Father Yahuah and Yahushua HaMessiah place Their blessings on Aubrey, that Their desire be done in her care and deliverance according to Their plan and that all praise be lifted up to the Most High whatever the outcome for He alone knows what is best for all. Amĕn and amĕn.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know little Aubrey, but know that I am praying for your precious little girl. God is in control, and this is NOT your burden to carry!
    Praying in Vancouver, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My heart is heavy for you and your family, but holding on to the faith we can have in our Lord and Savior, the Great Physician. Your little Aubrey is in our prayers.
    Praying in Cass City, Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying for u and ur family...I believe that she will do better.. I will pray every nite with my kids that she gets better everyday.. God bless ur family.. Love the Baer Family, Mike , Amber, Brandon and MaKayla

    ReplyDelete

How to comment: After you type your comment, click "post comment," and it's going to ask you to select a profile. Don't freak out. Just choose "Name/URL," put in your name, and click "continue" (no URL needed). Then post it. ***If you don't see your comment immediately, you didn't post it.***